Sunday, August 21, 2016

I didn't choose the thesis life, the thesis life chose me. Or not.

I can safely say that right now I am in that stage of uni life where many people consider to be the most stressful and tiresome. It's the stage where I'm starting to watch my friends - of the same year group - graduate one at a time, while I sit my fat-ass here writing dumb blog posts, listening to the same music for ten-plus years, still taking classes, and only just starting my final thesis.

Despite the setbacks mentioned above, I would like to beg to differ from what people are saying about this stage of uni life: it's not as bad as you'd think. Sure, those people you stuck with from the beginning tend to change, and are getting their degrees with their smug grins across their faces, but hey, who am I to tell them what to do with their lives. All I care is that I'm the one living in the moment, in my own pace - hopefully not too slow, though - and giving my shit the shit they deserve. By taking only two classes this semester, I'm starting to have more free time on my hands, meaning more personal, passion-channeling activities which I will be posting on this site in the future.

Speaking of the shit I go through these days, my thesis guidance counselor has been quite a pain in the butt for me to find around campus, and we've only met twice in two weeks! What sucks even more is that my proposed theme keeps getting rejected, but I guess its my fault I haven't thought my two previous ideas through. I really need to get my stuff together.

You might think I'm going nowhere with this post, and you're right, I'm actually writing this as a mere writing exercise - with a little update on my life - because I tend to get really bad cases of the writer's block, and I'm still trying to get my head in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment